Frank's Photography Site
Detroit Heritage Downtown Trolley - February, 1977
This one mile line was built in 1976 as a bicentennial project, from Grand Circus Park to the Renaissance Center, via Washington Blvd & Jefferson Ave. It used narrow-gauge, mostly ex-Lisbon (Portugal) cars. Service ended in June 2003 due to declining ridership, and the tracks
later removed. The carbarn was demolished in February 2004.
Washington St., Detroit, MI, with the convention center in the background (3/3/77).
Ex-Lisbon car, Washington St., Detroit, MI, at the convention center terminus (3/3/77).
View of the car's interior & controls (3/3/77).
It was originally British built, circa 1900.
Further along the line in central Detroit (3/3/77).
Please close this window to return to the previous page...