Frank's Photography Site
Central of Georgia station / museum - June, 2009
The Central of Georgia station / museum is located just across the street from the roundhouse,
at 303 Martin Luther King Boulevard, and saw passenger service until 1974.
The Central of Georgia was absorbed by Southern Railway in 1963.
Today, there is a paid musuem inside the elaborate terminal constructed in the mid-1800's,
and a few cars on the tracks used as shops & restaurants.
No tracks extend west from the station anymore.
View on the south side of the terminal.
The rear (west end) of the terminal, devoid of outbound tracks.
A couple of the preserved cars, used as restaurants & shops.
The north side of the terminal adjacent to the parking area.
One of the cars used as a restaurant.
Exit at the back of the terminal onto the former platforms.
Please close this window to return to the previous page...